Mme Turner March 20 2020


Hi parents and students of 6.3,
I hope everyone is keeping safe and practicing the advice of the health officials by practicing social distancing which is staying at least 2 metres away from anyone who is not family.
We are still working out the details for what online learning will look like after next week but I have started working on the D2L shells so please try and login and email me with any questions or even if you just want to say hello at sgturner@cbe.ab.ca
I am in the process of adding content to these shells so please don't worry about printing anything for now or figuring out what my expectations of you are, it will all be communicated to you shortly.  
 
We didn't get to finish Holes despite getting so close.  We were at Chapter 39.  Please do not go out and buy this book, please respect the government's request and stay home.
Here is a pdf version 
 
I have found a read aloud on youtube,  you can listen here:
 
You are about to begin what would technically be your spring break, we do not have expectations of you doing schoolwork during your break, I am only providing the Holes link for students who wish to get ahead or for those who just need to know how this book ends and can’t take the suspense any longer.  I have provided a link for the movie holes in the ELA D2L shell but you will be asked to point out the differences between the book and the movie in the next few weeks so make sure you are reading the book too and not just watching the movie. 
Most of you know I really wanted to do a novel study of Le Petit Prince in FLA and I have found a pdf version and provided the link in the FLA D2L shell, again this is only for students who wish to get ahead. 
 
The CBE have asked teachers to provide learning resources for students and parents in this time of adversity, here a few for now, I will be providing you with many more in the next few weeks.
 
 
Here are some websites offering free subscriptions during this time of school closures
 
 
Please keep frequently washing your hands for 20 seconds or to the count of happy birthday twice, like we discussed in class. Also remember to sneeze into your sleeve (dab.) Stay safe everyone, I'm looking forward to virtually working with you again soon.  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mme Turner February 10-12

Week 19: January 24th Math